Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why it was a long day.

I mentioned that Wednesday was a long day. It was, in so many ways. I was so ready to throw a white flag up and call it a day.

My day started hours earlier than it should have. 6am, is way too early, in my book. I like 7:30 or 8 much better, thank you very much. And I don't care for crises quite so early, either. I don't mind something cropping up after you've had a chance to wake up and get going, but to wake up to the crisis is something else entirely.

So, here was my day:

6am wake up
6:05 start the day
6:20 start first laundry
7 am get kids dressed
7:15 breakfast, start manual watering of front yard (the valves crapped out on the automatic sprinklers and I haven't had a chance to get to Home Depot for replacements and the Lizard is away on business)
7:20 shower
7:45 feed the critters down the street
8:10 start second laundry
8:20 have breakfast
8:45 start packing up for piano lessons
9:15 off to piano lessons
10:35 off to computer based testing for Little Miss
12:30 off to Burger King for lunch
1 pm other errands
2 pm stop by the credit union to deposit a check (I received a check for the repairs I had done to my van after being hit last week...)
2:17 discover keys are locked in van and call AAA
2:48 AAA hero comes and rescues me and 4 kids who are restless
3 pm home again

I also learned today that my college roommate of two years passed away yesterday. That hit me hard. Terribly hard. I'm so incredibly sad. She had her whole life ahead of her. She did everything with gusto. And now she's gone. There are so many unanswered questions burning in my mind. I'll probably never know the answers to most. I suppose that's just the way it is.

1 comment:

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

I was so sorry to hear about your roommate. The husband told me about it last night. How tragic.

As for your long day, I hope you get to sleep in soon :)