Saturday, May 24, 2008

Stimulating the economy

The tub faucet leaks. I stripped the handle trying to tighten it down. I swapped out handles with the tub fill/shower diverter handle, so I can at least turn on the cold water. Just can't take it off shower mode without pliers for the moment.

The base cabinet for the sink is water damaged 4 inches up due to toilet stoppages. I'm tired of putting bandaids on every little thing in there to nurse it along. So I'm going for the big rip out. I'm close enough to done with school for the year to call it a day, so this morning, we (me, myself and I and the 4 kids) went shopping for a few items. Here's what we bought:

Ceramic tile
spacers
grout
adhesive
adhesive trowel
tile cutter
grout sealant/applicator
grout sponges
pedestal sink/pedestal
bathtub
tub faucet
tub surround
bathroom fan

I think that's it for now. Later I need to go back and buy the toilet, dry wall, mud, tape, texture and paint for the walls. I'm ok hauling the tub and surround in by myself, but I think I'll wait for help to do the drywall. Those buggers are unwieldy. :o) I guess I also need to get some copper pipe to raise the height of the shower head. As it currently stands, it's too short for me, and I'm short. Really short.

So there you go. I'm spending our economic stimulus check, just doing my part in stimulating the economy.

2 comments:

The Lizard said...

Ummm....didn't we already spend that?

Mama Lizard said...

Maaaaaybe. Can't we just spend it again? :P