Saturday, May 10, 2008

Random stuff

Just because I'm feeling the need to keep blogging, so I don't get out of the habit, I'll update you on a few things around here.

First off, Mighty Man lost his fourth tooth. That's right. He's 4 years old and has already lost 4 teeth. He's just fast like that. And he rides a two wheeler...no training wheels (he started that last November). You know how some kids are "a really young 5" or "a really old 5" when they start Kindergarten? Well, MM is on the old side of that scale. He has a passion for learning things and learning them well and early. Or works on his teeth until they fall out. Ironically, of the four children, he's the only one who doesn't believe in the Tooth Fairy. He's certain that the Lizard is the Tooth Fairy. Or I am. Don't ask why, because I cannot answer that question for you! He's a smart little cookie.

Second, last weekend (yes, it was a busy weekend!), Little Miss and Monkey Boy had a piano recital. Once I figure out how to post those videos, I'll do it. This was MB's first, and boy howdy, was he ever proud of himself! LM played "Fur Elise" and the "Star Wars" Theme and MB played "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and "My Invention." It was great to see them playing on a grand piano!

And last but not least, I've been puttering around in our front yard lately. First, I weeded the entire parkway and remulched that. Did I mention that I'm so glad the kids will weed large expanses of flower beds for 50 cents apiece? Because I really am! They do a great job! And they're cheap too. Did I mention they're cheap? :o)

With all of their help, I was able to move on to the flower beds in the front yard. I now have 5 new rose bushes and a full complement of petunias out front. Some of the petunias are left over from last year, and are just prolific! I love how they bloom for me all year round. I think that's one reason why I like living here...I have roses year round, petunias year round, and never any snow! In any case, here are a few pictures from my front yard. These are all "before" pictures, so you won't get the full effect of the mulching and beautification that has taken place in the last two weeks, but they'll do for now!

This is my Disneyland Rose (my favorite):
flowers 6Apr08 008

Opening Night:
flowers 6Apr08 004

Voodoo:
flowers 6Apr08 001

Disneyland (again):
flowers 3Apr08 011

Mr. Lincoln:
flowers 6Apr08 014

Fragrant Wave:
flowers 6Apr08 013

No comments: