Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bathroom renovation, day 2

So yesterday I had a wild hair, bought enough materials to cause the Lizard to contemplate working overtime, and began gutting the kids' bathroom. Here's what it looks like tonight:

bathroom demolition 25May08


Two things: yes, our bathroom is small and yes, that is the bathtub along the back wall. It's just buried in dry wall and tile that once graced the walls.

Today I learned that quarter turn valves aren't as infallible as they claim. Two of the three valves I installed a mere 9 years ago leak more than just a little bit. I turned off the water to the toilet and flushed as I prepared to pull it out. I was stunned to hear the water running when the valve was turned off. Needless to say, I had to secure water to the whole house in order to cap the valve. Note to self: buy new valves before reinstalling sink and toilet.

No comments: