Monday, May 12, 2008

Why I never get anything done

I started out today thinking I needed to plant my rose cuttings so they don't die. They're starting to show their age in the water, and they definitely need to be put in dirt. So from the kitchen (where the rose cuttings are), I went to the bathroom...I know, not the most direct route to outside, but I'll get there, I promise. While in the bathroom, my daughter came in to report that her second youngest brother was digging a hole in the back yard to go poop in.

So I yelled out the window for Might Man to come inside to put away his shoes. He did. He put away his Crocs and went back to digging a latrine hole. So I went back to my bedroom window and asked that he come inside and put away his church shoes, which were in his bedroom. That would give me an opportunity to talk him out of his outdoor potty mission. While waiting, I decided to sort some laundry since I'm sure that taking two days off from it has given me enough for three loads. So I sort some laundry, clean up the blue bedroom, clear out all of their laundry, and head to the pink bedroom to clean it up and clear out laundry. Discover that I should probably change Little Dude's sheets. He didn't have an accident, I'm sure, but they smell...funky. So back to my bedroom I go with laundry in hand (haven't touched the bed yet) to get new sheets and a water proof pad (the clean ones are still on my bedroom floor from the last round).

Instead of doing that, I finish sorting my laundry, have a talk with MM who agrees that we only go potty in the toilet and not outside, and then head to the garage with my laundry basket. Start a dark load. Come back into the kitchen and look around blankly. Realize that I don't have my menu on the fridge, so back out to the car to find the list. Get my list and cell phone and realize that the Lizard has text messaged me about my earlier report of being backed into and needing a new bumper. Go back out to take a couple of pictures of that.

Back to the kitchen. Clean off the counters a bit, lay out bread for the kid's lunch. Remember that I need to bring lemonade to tonight's meeting. Find the container, figure out how much mix, add water and stir. Then remember to ask if I need to bring cups. Get on the computer. Also remember that I have some pictures of my finished front yard, some Mother's Day pictures, and some pictures of a really cool beetle that Mighty Man found. Download pictures and write a blog post.

See why I never get anything done? Right now I have a load in the washing machine, clean sheets and pad in my bedroom, one bed that needs to be changed, bread on plates and jam out (but not the peanut butter or honey), lemonade made, but not in the refrigerator, my camera is connected to my computer but not turned on, and the kids are still outside, hungry but quite content to dig in the dirt. All because I wanted to plant some rose cuttings. Life is complicated!

No comments: