Thursday, May 8, 2008

There comes a time...

There comes a time in life, when you feel the need to slow down. To take a break and catch your breath. This is one of those times. I think I deserve a break! I did eight or nine laundries today. I taught Little Miss about the industrial revolution and then how to solve for x. She's 8 and we're already moving on to algebraic equations...which I find to be so cool! I also spent some time excavating what used to be our school table, before I had 4 kids who all wanted to do school at once.

I've still got a million things I feel like I should do. I need to plant the poor tomato plant that is slowly wilting on my back patio. I need to finish up the front yard...my roses are flourishing and my petunias are planted, but alas, the bags of mulch are still waiting to be spread. I have window planters ready for radishes to be started. I have rose cuttings that are budding on my kitchen counter. Those need to hit the dirt very soon. I also have grape bushes running amok in the back yard that need to be trimmed back. And I have seeds for a little herb garden...good thing we are currently studying plants and whatnot!

I have the Himalayas of laundry beat back (for the moment...see above note about laundry), and two of the 5 beds have been changed for the week. All the laundry has been folded and put away, and the dishes are all done (although not by my hand today...thank you my hubby in shining armor!). And the cat has been fed...even though she's still meowing about starving. Little Miss has recently gained some new responsibilities.

Which reminds me. This weekend our very own little girl decided to donate her hair to Locks of Love. It was so amazing to see her eager desire to help someone else. She has such a pure heart. I'll try to get to some before and after pictures later. For now, that's it...I'm taking a break now. I'm trying to break myself in easy you know. :o)

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow! Your daughter donated her hair to locks of love! How great is that! How many inches did she donate? Was she nervous about it? I'd love to see some of the before and after pictures! How short is her hair now? Thank you!

Mama Lizard said...

She donated 10 inches. They apparently accept as little as 8 inches now, but since Little Miss had so much, we did the full 10 inches!