Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A new day, a new adventure.

Today was unique, different in every imaginable way. It started before my alarm woke up, when Little Dude crept into my room, and asked, "Mommy, please can I snuggle with you?" Poor thing has a stuffy nose and couldn't sleep. So we snuggled until it was time to get up and head out to VBS. On our way to pick up some friends, he told me, "I brought I headache with me this morning. I wish I didn't." His comments are so endearing and so very precious.

Later today after swim lessons, he told me, "Mommy, I don't feel like 100%. Only about 1%." He really is feeling fairly miserable today. I think tomorrow will be a day of rest for him. He's just so sad and pitiful when he's sick. I hope getting him in bed early tonight will help him kick whatever it is he's got.

I managed to get to karate tonight, expecting to be tested for my next belt. This has to be the most drawn out karate testing I've ever known. I found out I was on the list over a month ago...and still haven't tested! I'm glad for the reprieve, and hope I can catch a bit of practice in the next week. Tonight was the first time in nearly two years that I've practiced self defense in class. I'm still a bit leery of involving my wrist in risky activity. In fact, I braced up before we got too far into class. It's a good reminder for me, and those around me...it's still tender, and if I break my wrist again, there's no guarantee it will be fixable. I think I'll exercise a bit of caution. Maybe someday, it will feel normal again and not twinge at the slightest provocation.

Ah, life. It's never dull!

No comments: