Monday, April 23, 2007

Home at last!

Monday, 23 April 2007
25 days and 7,800 miles (well, really only 7,799 but it’s my blog and I can take literary license if I want to). What a trip! I have more pictures to post, but the hour is late, and I’ll leave it to another day.

In the meantime, I’ll share some final reflections. One thing this trip has given me is a greater appreciation of home. We traveled through 18 states, all 4 time zones, crossed nearly all major waterways in the United States, crossed the Continental Divide twice, explored and experienced firsthand the major climate zones in the US…all in all, we’ve definitely seen a lot in the last 4 weeks.

But when it comes right down to it, there’s no place like home. I know we are so blessed to live where we do, and I’m thankful that we have the means to remain here. Oh, I think I could go on and on about the beauty of the place we call home, but I think it is mostly because it is just that…the place we call home. Thanks for joining me on our adventure, and taking the time to read and enjoy! Until next time!

1 comment:

Jay & Dar said...

Well, that didn't work as i had hoped! Deleting the previous comment seems to have left our name with a blurb that the comment has been removed by it's author. Not what I intended it to look like. If it dissapears ... well OK ... if not ... this will do as an explanation.

I just wanted to say "Welcome Home" to the entire family. We missed you guys. Reading about all your adventures was great, but not the same as spending time with all of you. And just in case I didn't say it before ... we missed you guys!

Thanks again for the use of the Jacuzzi. I owe you 2 Cokes and a diet Dr. Pepper. I also finished that bag of Jerky in the cupboard ... (I found it when I was getting the lighter for the hot water heater before I discoved that I didn't need a lighter ... it has it's own ignitor) ... anyway, I couldn't stop myself. Hopefully, the water was warm enough when you got home. I turned it on around 6 PM.


The light on the big tank was flickering yesterday evening, so I just turned it off. Probably just the bulb.

Check the blue rugs and under to make sure they are dry. We thought we had another day of drying before you got home.

That about does it for our abuse of your home.

Welcome Back!!!!!! And we'll see you when we see you.

Jay