Friday, April 13, 2007

Colonial Williamsburg

Today was our day to tour Colonial Williamsburg. We headed out to the visitor’s center fairly early and walked from one end of town to the other and back again. We visited the church, the Governor’s Palace, the court house, the Public Gaol (jail), and the state house. There was much to see, but after a couple of hours, the kids tired of seeing one old house after another.

Around noon, my parent’s left to head out to Bayse, VA to check into our lodging for next week. Shortly thereafter, I met up with my friend Katie and her two kids. We wandered for a bit, but then left for cheaper food. McDonald’s proved to be a much cheaper option than the $9 for a sandwich, chips and a cookie (no drink) that Williamsburg offered.

While we were out for food, my husband and brother joined us. My brother is in town for work, rather unexpectedly. He’s spending the night here before joining my parents in Bayse tomorrow. Then we all headed out to the Yankee Candle store. Wow! What a neat store! It wasn’t crowded, the kids could explore but not get lost, we didn’t have to walk far, and it snowed every 15 minutes! Best of all, it was free! After exploring and much candle sniffing, we said goodbye to Katie and kids and headed back to the resort.

All in all, it was a good day with beautiful weather, but I think the kids are ready for a break. I hope to get them all in bed rather early tonight, since tomorrow will be a full day!

No comments: