Friday, April 20, 2007

Heading south to Norfolk, Virginia

Thursday, 19 April 2007
Today I began the day at my sponsors’ house, which was really nice. Their youngest just turned 3, so he was having a blast with our boys (5, 3 and 1). It was so sad to leave, because he cried and didn’t want his new friends to leave. They really did have a good time together, and it was nice to catch up with my second “family.” We plan to come back in 2 years for Jaime’s graduation. It’s amazing how fast time flies when you aren’t there!

What is up with the grocery store names around here? IGA? Wawa? Giant? Seriously? “Hey, honey, I’m heading out to the Wawa, need me to pick up anything?” What happened to the normal named stores, like Safeway and Albertsons? Oh, and why is my Carl’s Jr. a “Hardee’s” out here? Huh? Why? I recognize the star, but why change the name? Was that to confuse the poor California girl? That’s not nice, you know.

The drive down to Norfolk was long. Honestly, I don’t remember it taking that long ever before. Everything has moved along quickly and smoothly until that drive. It was just a painfully slow evolution for me, but I’m glad it’s over and I can relax again. It was really nice to see Mike again, and share parenting again. He put the kids in bed while I reorganized the car and repacked a bit. He also did laundry for me. I love my husband!

No comments: