Saturday, May 5, 2007

Coming back to the blog

You know, it has been almost two weeks since we got home from our trip. I just reread my blog, and relived so many experiences. And then I realized that so much has happened since we arrived home, and I have neglected to post and let you in on all of the excitement!

Our week following the trip was filled with unpacking, scrubbing those horrid bugs off of the car, putting things away, doing laundry and cleaning house. It was all accomplished at a pretty break neck pace as we were expecting bunches of family the following weekend. Why, you might ask? Well, read on!

We celebrated First Holy Communion with our oldest on the 29th of April. It was a beautiful experience. Instead of having the kids take their first communion alone, each child was accompanied by their family. To witness her taking her first communion was one thing. It was another thing entirely to take communion with her. Truly, it was a beautiful celebration.

Then we followed it up with a small celebration at home with lots of family. My parents were here as well as Mike's mom, grandmother, aunt and cousins. It was a lot of fun!

The next week was spent catching up with school and beginning the end of the school year. I certainly haven't felt the April burn out as I have in years past. Instead, I'm fresh and eager to continue school and head into the summer!

No comments: