Tuesday, October 2, 2007

New muscles

That's right. I have new muscles. Or I have muscles I haven't used in a pathetically long time.

In case you didn't know, we do karate. Yes, me and the mouse in my pocket. No, silly. WE. Us. As a family, sort of. Two years ago my wonderful hubby started Karate for 2 with our daughter. Today was day one of Karate for 2 with our oldest boy and me. So, off we went, dressed in our most comfy, stretchy clothing. Prepared to kiai, kick, stretch, punch and block. But nobody warned me about that pesky horse stance. Ouchy mama!

Ok, so right here (points to inner thigh), here (points to shoulders) and here (points here) hurts. Well, right here. See? There and there it hurts. Fine. Just imagine that more places than I care to mention, hurt. And the hottub? Isn't an option right now. It won't be back in operation until Thursday. I guess I'll go find my friend, Icyhot. It's gotta be around here somewhere.

3 comments:

The Lizard said...

Yep. I remember that feeling :)

Then again...ask me Thursday night how I'm feeling after 6 weeks off!

Mama Lizard said...

Poke. Poke, poke. Hurts, doesn't it? :P

Jay said...

OK you two ... get a room already!