Saturday, October 13, 2007

Dear Little Dude,

I'm so proud of you for using the potty without me having to ask. You're doing a great job and I really am pleased that you like to use the potty on your own. Please keep up the good work!

However...I have just two small details I'd like to clear up with you before we move on, okay?

First, let's talk about using commodities available to us wisely, shall we? When you go tinkle, you probably only need a square or two for the little dribbles. Maybe even 3 or 4 squares if things got a bit out of control. Using the whole (brand new) roll of toilet paper in one shot is a tad excessive and really a waste of our resources. I'm not saying you shouldn't use toilet paper after using the potty, I'm merely suggesting some restraint in that area.

Second...oh, how to put it. I really appreciate your screeches alerting me to the fact that you had flushed and were alarmed at the rapidly rising flood waters. Nothing brings a mommy out of a reverie faster than hearing "uh oh, mommy. Uh oh. OH NO!" That being said, once water is everywhere, it does not mean that our bathroom has now become the community swimming pool. Please, step aside, seek out higher ground, and DO NOT PLAY IN THE TOILET WATER! It's bad enough that I have to go wading, fishing and paddling through it, but to then also see you splashing and laughing...spreading the joy that is the toilet water everywhere? That...yeah, that, is just too much for my delicate senses.

Love,
Mama Lizard

1 comment:

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

But see...the water from a toilet is so inviting!

And the whole toilet paper thing...whoever designed the roll that spins so nicely should be shot...