Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Glutton for punishment

Honestly, the last time I worked out was in May. So you'd think that yesterday's foray into quasi workout land with karate would have been enough for my tender little body. Indeed, I still hurt all over. Well, not out and out pain, just "ooooh, that's sore. Mmm, and that, too. Ouch."

So, instead of taking the day off, and allowing my pathetic excuse for a fit body recuperate...I went back for more. At the gym. In a group-X class. Why? Because the scale snarled at me. It wasn't pretty. But why is it that doing a video or dvd at home doesn't create the same level of pain that a group exercise class does? Is it the bravado? The little voice inside begging you not to quit, so no one sees you in a quivery lump of giggly-ness on the floor? Perhaps it's the REALLY big mirrors blasting the truth at you from all sides. Whatever the reason, the group exercise class really works. I'm sore all over now, instead of just sore in a few places.

And I went to this particular class, because it's fun, it moves quickly and I enjoy it. It was a Pilates Pulse class. Until today. Today we had a new instructor, with new ideas. Supposedly she "took it easy" on us. I beg to differ, but maybe that's just me. Today was classic Pilates, from a classically trained and licensed Pilates instructor. Ouch. That's all I have to say. Just ouch.

At least my really awesome other half took pity on me and raced to have the hottub back online a day early. Or maybe he just did that because he knew he'd want it tomorrow after his first karate class. Nah. It's because he loves me. Right, honey? Right?

1 comment:

Mike Szilard said...

Believe what ever you would like to, dear :)