Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The birds...

So yesterday one of my myriad of errands was to take the two youngest boys to the doctor for their well kiddo checks. Poor Little Dude was accosted by a needle wielding nurse and jabbed 3 times. This morning, I woke up to a pitiful, sobbing little monkey next to my bed. He was warm, uncomfortable and unhappy to be awake. I gave him some motrin and pulled him into bed with me.

Tonight we were talking as I tucked him into bed and learned what woke him up so early. The birds. "Mommy, the birds were making so much noise, it was giving me a headache. They just.wouldn't.be.quiet." I had to laugh. Recently we've been having mocking birds chirping away in the morning. They are rather obnoxiously loud, but it never occurred to me that they might be responsible for waking up my baby!

Right now, I'm on a mission: to clean out the garage. We cleaned out the shed when we had some yard work done. Well, now I want my garage back. I'd like to park the car in the garage again. Which means I need to sort, clean, purge, organize, and otherwise create room for the car. I think I need to make another run to Goodwill. And donate books to the church. And give some clothes away to friends. So much to do, so little time!

No comments: