Sunday, July 18, 2010

And so the adventure begins...

This morning my loving husband flew to the east coast where he'll commence three weeks of training before heading overseas for a year. To say that last night and this morning were rough would be a tremendous understatement. I don't remember the last time I cried this hard and this long. I'm tired, but this is only the beginning.

The tough part about the next few weeks is his training regimen. It sounds reminiscent of Plebe Summer...no cell phone until after hours, long training days beginning between 4 and 5am and ending between 7 & 9pm, no weekends. It's the way to go with training, IF you're 18 with no family. It's miserable for a family who is used to being able to talk to him after working hours.

So we'll see. Maybe it won't be as bad as it has been made out to be. Maybe we'll be able to text and chat from time to time. Maybe I won't hear from him until his first day off. We just don't know.

Up next: the plan. What I'll do for the next few weeks at home, and then what I plan to do once I leave in mid August. But here's a hint: I'll be packing for both winter and summer!

1 comment:

Mon said...

Oh Mrs. Lizard, i can't even begin to know how hard this is for you. You know I'm here, and always will be. I hope you make a journey to Montana...and hang out with us for awhile, I would so love you to. My best thoughts are coming to you. Your friend, Mon