Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's broken

Continuing our journey north on I-5, we ran across a couple of truckers who had a bad day. We have no idea how this happened (and believe me, my parents and I discussed it and still can't figure it out), but there were two big rigs busted wide open, both on the same side. Anyway, here are a few pictures...again, taken by Mighty Man. This first picture is of the truckload of Gatorade.

Here's part of the other truck, which was loaded with fresh vegetables. There were heads of lettuce everywhere, plus parsnips, cabbage and other assorted veggies I couldn't readily identify.

Here's one of the trucks. See, it really is broken! Although you can't really see it from this shot, the nose of the truck was bent down to the pavement. I just don't know how they managed to break it. Whatever they did, they did a good job of it.

And just as we were sitting in traffic, inching our way forward, we saw this front end loader coming south on I-5 toward us. I thought it was a little odd, until I saw it whip a U-turn and trundle up the side of the road toward the wreckage. Admittedly, I thought that was a little odd, too, until I saw the extent of the produce and cases of drink scattered over a mile of freeway. Then it all became clear.

Honestly, I'm just thankful that during all of our traveling this month, we managed to keep our noses clean, our trucks out of the ditch and our family safe. Because that's really what matters. :o)

1 comment:

The Lizard said...

I'm glad that was all that was broken!

OK...maybe there was a tail light problem, but that's an easy fix :)