Friday, February 1, 2008

Wonder where the spider went?

Honestly, as I got up on New Year's Eve, I wasn't really looking to take pictures. I was simply going through my routine: get up, go to the bathroom, open the curtains...and this was the sight I saw right outside of our bedroom window that morning.

It was just so beautiful to see this dew ridden spider web, alight with the early morning sun. We have orb weaver spiders who come and go around here. While I don't much care for the sight of one of those bad boys (and oh, my, they're HUGE!), nor do I particularly relish doing the spiderweb flail when encountering one unexpectedly, I do really enjoy the beauty and intricacy of their webs. Even more so when they are adorned with tiny droplets of water and highlighted by the cool rays of sun on a crisp, clear morning.

And just so you can be jealous, our tangerines are just getting ripe. This spider had particularly good taste when it came to choosing his tree.

No comments: