Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The plan.

The deal is, I no longer have a plan. The plan has left the building. Or maybe the state. I'm not sure where it went, but it's gone.

The plan used to be that I would finish up here, then head into Canada, over to Banff, Calgary, then Saskatoon. Then it was to be Glacier, Yellowstone, Arches, Grand Canyon and then home. Now...well, now I'm not sure what the plan is.

There are several options. First, I could do day trips, or an over night trip into Canada and possibly up to Alaska (maybe up to Skagway). I would leave my trailer here at my brother's and just tool around in the truck.

Second, I could continue on as planned, despite wondering if my head is screwed on right. It is getting late in the season, snow is going to start falling soon, and many things are already shut down for the season.

Third, I could scrap Canada and Alaska all together and head home along the coast, or back the US route previously planned, or...so many options!

In any case, the plan is, I don't have a plan. I was going to leave tomorrow. But now my brother has been yanked for another business trip, leaving my SIL to do a birthday party by herself on Friday. I think we'll hang out for a princess party, and then after the weekend, I'll make a plan. That's the plan, anyway. Maybe.

2 comments:

April said...

I love that plan.

Mike Szilard said...

Just make sure the kids are practicing their karate before you come home ;)