Thursday, September 30, 2010

Again? So soon?

Really, nothing notable has happened since I last posted, but I figured since I have an internet connection, I might as well use it.

This week we have been heavily focused on school. It has been nice to have a routine and the space to spread out and really get into our work. And the weather has been more than pleasant here. Lately there's been less rain and more sun and even some beautiful clear skies at night. I love to lay in my bed and look out the window up into the night sky. I've seen countless falling stars, watched a satellite pass overhead and enjoyed the peace of knowing my husband is (relatively) safe on the other side of the world.

In other news, we seem closer to deciding on a mid-deployment meeting point and time. I have a plan for the kids, a destination, even a time frame. Our destination is Rome, and we meet on our 15th wedding anniversary. At the moment, this all feels a little surreal. Perhaps as the time draws nearer, it will become more real. Maybe when I pack. I'm definitely excited and know this will more than make up for our lack of a honeymoon. :o)

Did I ever mention why I've stopped our trip for the moment? The details are fairly boring (unless you would find it amusing that MM put a stick through the awning to drain water for me), but I decided with all the rain we were getting I really needed to have a functional awning. So last Friday we came in to town (Bremerton), got measured for a new awning, which should be shipped this Friday. We should be able to have it installed next week, and then head off for Canada. I'm so glad our travel itinerary is flexible enough to include time for random stops. It's nice to have no deadlines, no obligations, nowhere to be by a certain time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Mama Lizard

Just thought I would say Hi and check in with you all. Your adventure sounds fun and very brave of you. Glad you get to visit with family in between. Wish we could be with you enjoying all those excursions especially Mt St Helens. When is your anniversary? When do you plan on coming back, any idea yet? Christmas maybe? We all miss you guys.

Love and hugs, prayers aswell.

your friends, The Garretts
xx