Thursday, October 7, 2010

So much for that idea...

I had wild plans of a well thought out and written post for tonight. Unfortunately, I don't think that will be happening. I'm in a hotel room with 4 very loud and energetic kids. My frustration level is obnoxiously high, since we've already moved rooms once due to a complaining downstairs neighbor. I asked for a ground floor room. I'm on the second floor. I asked to be away from other patrons. She put me directly above someone who apparently needed to be asleep before 7pm in order to rise early tomorrow. I give up. Aside from duct taping my children, I'm at a loss to curb their loud enthusiasm and elephantine foot steps.

I've also decided my helper behavior (my desire to help those around me who need it) is side-tracking me from my goal...Canada and the rest of my trip. So I've determined to pick up and get back on the road. I started today by heading out across the Sound (Kingston to Edmonds) and then up into North Cascades National Park. I'm in a hotel overnight, and will continue our adventure tomorrow, completing a Cascades Scenic Loop, recrossing the Sound (Edmonds to Kingston) and returning to Bremerton in time for a birthday party for our second littlest niece...she turns 3 tomorrow.

Saturday we'll go see some steamer trains. Sunday, church. Monday...underway, shift colors.

No comments: