Monday, October 11, 2010

A whole new day.

I'm somewhat thankful yesterday is over. It was interesting and busy, but not in a way you might imagine. We tried to let "the big girls" have a sleep over...meaning Little Miss was allowed to sleep in the house with her cousins. There are 7 (yes, seven) girl cousins, and one girl foster child in the house. Cousins 1, 2 and 5 share a room. #5 ended up having to sleep elsewhere since the big girls were so loud. By 10:30pm, we finally gave up and sent LM back out to the trailer so all involved could get some decent sleep. Ah, the joys of raising giggling little girls! I think all the rain and being shut up in the house must have increased their squirrelly-ness levels. :o)

Today is another day. So far, so good. I was hoping to leave today, but I'm not sure how far I will get. Although I may prefer to leave today to avoid commute traffic in the morning. It's not easy being the only adult making decisions on this trip. I need another head considering the options...and not the confusing input of 4 kids who have 4 wildly different ideas. Oy!

I'm trying to check off all my electronic chores before we leave. If I can get those off my plate, I think I'll feel better about moving on. And maybe I'll have a plan again sometime soonish...

No comments: