Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Maybe not the best laid plan.

When planning swim lessons and karate in the evening, I guess I overlooked the necessity of eating dinner. Tuesday I made homemade pizza (Hawaiian and some pesto/mozzarella/tomato pizza on whole wheat crusts) and tonight...well, let's just say we did drive through. Not ideal, so I'm going to have to plan a little better on this one.

Little Miss isn't exactly thrilled with the idea of not swimming. She's even less thrilled about the idea of not participating in karate. The doctor insisted on taking Monday and Tuesday off, so tomorrow will be her first day of karate with a cast. Sensei isn't exactly thrilled with the thought of having a cast in class, but I think as long as Little Miss takes it easy and doesn't do drills, or sparring, she should be fine.

I'm doing much better about it as well. I still hate that she can't swim, can't do karate (there are several mini-camps coming up, plus a tournament that she'll miss) and can't ride her bike. At least there is the Summer Reading Program at the library. I checked out 11 books for her today. She's read 5 so far. :o)

And I got a little farther on the bathroom finishing today. Tomorrow I'll frame out the door and then work on the window. Almost there!

No comments: