Sunday, July 6, 2008

Good news on the bathroom!

Today I finally got around to some of the final finishing touches for the bathroom! Yea me! Sorry, but someone has to be the cheerleader around here. :D

Today I finally did the color-matched grout caulking around the base of the toilet, sink and up against the tub. The only thing remaining to do on the floor is to seal the grout, which I'll try to do tomorrow. I also cut and painted all the baseboards, the trim around the door and all except one piece around the window. So those are drying and waiting to be installed, again, hopefully tomorrow. And once I get those final finishing touches complete, then I can take one last set of pictures of the bathroom and post the whole process, start to finish. Whew! I bet you can't wait. Well, neither can I! It's been a long month of hard work, but I'm really pleased with the results. Hopefully I won't have to redo anything in there for another 20 years or so! hehe!

Also, please say a prayer or two tomorrow around 3pm Pacific. That's when I'll take Little Miss to get her finger set. I've been looking at the x-ray, and honestly, I'm surprised that's all they're doing is setting it. I guess we'll see tomorrow when an ortho actually looks at the x-ray. I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow. I had her take off the splint/cast tonight so she could have a full bath before getting a regular cast and having to deal with that. Her finger is an excellent mix of shades of green and purple, all the way around the finger, from tip to base. My poor, poor daughter. I'm so sad that she's hurt. I wish I could take her hurt away.

No comments: