Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Daily reading

About a week and a half ago, I started teaching Little Dude how to read. A few days ago, he started sounding out words. Here are the words he sounded out and read to me today:

am
me
see
sat
ram
eat (his favorite word)
rat
at
seed
sam
seat (his second favorite word...he's weird)
sad
mad
meat (yep, another favorite)
read
it
sit
meet (not the same appeal as meat)
ear
is
seem
this
that

We stopped there today as he is sick and his attention span (usually about 20 minutes for reading, longer for other things) started to wane. He is so eager to learn, which makes him easy to teach. If only they were all this easy! :o)

2 comments:

Jay said...

Great!?!?!?
Little Dude is sick!
Dar is sick!
And I have a sore throat ... sick is just around the corner.

Mama Lizard said...

Yeah, we're all getting it. I'm sick and The Lizard is getting it. Mighty Man, too. Ugh. At least it's just snot. :D