Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'll get to it eventually...

it's not easy keeping up with all that i'd like to keep up with. for instance, i really wanted to take Christmas pictures of the kids. i did that this week, after Epiphany...well, at least it's done! the laundry needs to be folded, i need to do some more school with the kids, i should tidy the house before my parents arrive. or, none of the above. it's 80 out right now. we're having my favorite january weather of all. bright, clear blue skies, sunny and delightfully warm. it's time to trim my (blooming) roses and turn over the garden. time to enjoy the windows being wide open and the warm breeze ruffling the papers on my desk. time to relax and be thankful for the many blessings in my life.
Christmas pictures Dec08 019

this past week, i also saw my surgeon for a checkup. after 14 weeks, he finally said the words i wondered if i would ever hear...you're healing. the second surgery and my good behavior (who knew doing nothing would be so hard?) have done the trick and i am finally on the road to recovery. i have another 6 weeks in the cast, then hopefully i will be allowed a removable splint. i get dreamy when i think of being able to take a shower sans bag over cast, or swimming or simply the opportunity to soak in the hottub. life is good, just different from normal!

No comments: