Monday, March 3, 2008

Don't worry!

If you have a kid or more than one kid, I'm sure at one time or another, you've sat and listened in on a conversation, or monologue from your child. I still enjoy each and every snippet I catch. Here's an example from our little Mighty Man, talking about and to a Western Fence Lizard he had caught. He had the terrarium out, and was prepared to keep the poor unsuspecting reptile for all time. At one point, the lizard warmed up sufficiently to run away, but not far enough...

An announcement to anyone within earshot: "Don't worry, I'll capture him again!"

After some time and considerable effort to catch the poor guy: "Wewl, apparently he doesn't want to be captured again. Oh, but don't worry, I'wl get him in there again, even though he doesn't want to be captured again."

And then after the lizard was safely secured within the terrarium: "Don't worry, widdle wizard, you can poke your head out waiter (later)."

The poor lizard! He needed just a few more minutes in the sun to get his runnin' away legs warm enough, lol!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor poor Lizard....did he ever make an escape?

Mama Lizard said...

Yes, he sure did. I only allow the children to keep captured critters for the rest of the day on which they are captured. Keeps the Mama Lizard happy, and I'm sure keeps the real live lizards, well, alive and happy! :o)